Celebrity Bhagyashree swears by benefits of pea for good health – Here is how they can promote a healthy body  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- About 170 g of green peas contain 62 calories
- Peas are a rich source of dietary fibres and protein
- Here is what Bhagyashree said about inclusion of peas in the diet
New Delhi: However, there are certain drawbacks to pea consumption. Peas contain antinutrients such as lectins and phytic acid. This can cause symptoms of bloating and gas in the body. Celebrity and nutritionist Bhagyashree recently expressed her admiration for peas and encouraged her fans to include them in their diets. She emphasised the presence of protein, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, zinc, and fibre in peas and said, “It’s good for your eye health, your digestive health as well as it builds your immunity.”
Her Instagram post said, “The world is gradually accepting peas as a good source of protein for vegetarians.
Remember the time your mother would remind you to eat all the peas in your plate 😉😅
Peas are those gems of nutrition that were often thrown in most Indian food to enrich the look of any vegetable… little did they know that it is full of so many vitamins, zinc, potassium and so much of fiber.
Excellent for your digestive health, your eye health and builds your immunity too.
Benefits of peas
Here are some health benefits offered by peas:
- Eating peas can promote digestive health due to the presence of dietary fibres.
- The low glycemic index (GI) helps peas to aid with blood sugar management.
- It helps manage blood sugar and blood pressure which makes it a heart-healthy food.
- Peas may also protect against certain kinds of cancers.
- Peas are calorie friendly and may aid in weight management.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now