How to have a grunge look man ?
Who does not’never had a grunge phase in high school ? N’Any fashion enthusiast born before the 2000s has already worn Dr. G. G.’s. You can choose from a wide range of clothes, such as St. Martens, red checkered shirts, Converses, jeans with holes, etc. The grunge style’is not a style of’ado since’it’s versatile and can be kept simple. Here are all the tips to get the right look’to dress according to the grunge codes, without becoming a cliché of lost youth !
Qu’is the grunge style man ? A style combining rock and fashion
The grunge style is a style that emerged in the years 1980-1990. Inspired by the alternative rock, the men’s clothing style of the’era s’inspires rock icons, such as Kurt Cobain. In 1990, the American city of Seattle became the’epicenter of the grunge phenomenon, especially with the’rise of the rock band Nirvana.
In terms of clothing, the grunge style has initial codes: wide jeans with holes, long sleeves overlaid, large t-shirt with an effigy of’a rock band, oversized colored checkered shirt, All Star Converse sneakers, boots Dr. Martens. With the death of Kurt Cobain in 1994, the grunge look of the 1990s remains in the past and modernity takes over.
How to adopt a grunge style
The modern grunge style takes the codes of the style of the 1990s, but it is more structured. The basics remain the same: oversized clothes, Converses or Dr. B. Martens, jeans with holes, red and black checks.
- You can be “moderate” grunge and mix casual with grunge clothing. Indeed, to display a grunge look and stay modern, you can either :
- Start on a casual basis with a strong grunge piece (jacket, shirt, shoes, jeans).
- Start with a grunge base and balance the’rock effect with a more sober piece (blaser, derbies, white t-shirt).
- Rely on accessories (scarf, bandana, belt).
The grunge style remains timeless and can be adapted in everyday life. To go to work, forget the colors and bet on sober shades. Wear a black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt or a tartan shirt and enhance your outfit with a long straight coat. For footwear, opt for leather derbies or lace-up boots, to be elegant while respecting the codes of the grunge style.
The essential pieces of’a grunge man look
As we have seen, some clothes and accessories are characteristic of the grunge style :
- Dr shoes. Martens: a pair of Docs is enough to make your outfit more grunge.
- Converse: easy to wear and accessorize, All Star Converse have the’advantage of’be mixed and easy to wear.
- The plaid shirt The red and black shirt: it is ideally red and black and can have a tartan pattern, originating from the Scottish clans.
- The XXL shirt Dark colored shoes are a must for a grunge look.
- The scarf: the ultimate in grunge fashion’The oversized sweatshirt is that big scarf that hangs down.
- The oversized sweater: for the times of’In winter, we bet on a black XXL hoodie, preferably with the’The bedbugs are not a problem, but they are a problem for your bed.
- The oversized sweater the oversized sweater is also a must-have for a grunge look.
To find the right pieces, you can turn to the online market’occasion. N’Feel free to make a list of the best men’s brands to help you in your quest: Dickies, Daily Paper, Levi’s, etc. In terms of shoes, you will find Converses and Dr. Martens in stores like citadium paris. You can find your items in stores or online. Timberland leather boots are also perfect for a grunge look.
Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling The two actors had a grunge passad when they were younger. Today’today, their style is more moderate.
It is necessary to take into account that from now on, the styles vary each day. Qu’Whether you’re a celebrity or just a regular person, you can wear a grunge style and still look great’to dress 100% casual chic the next day. In the past, clothing styles were more reflective of our lifestyles and states of mind’core. From now on, it’s’It’s a question of fashion and circumstances.