Did you know about these 5 amazing health benefits of rice? | Photo Credits: Pixabay
- Rice is the staple food for half of the world’s human population
- It is mostly eaten in Asia and Africa
- Let’s check out a few health benefits of rice
New Delhi: Approximately, one half of the world population consumes rice. It is an edible grain which is absolutely healthy for you. Do you know the scientific name of rice? It is known as Oryza. Rice has three edible parts which are the bran, endosperm and the germ. It is grown in fields and paddies. It is often misinterpreted that brown rice is healthier than white rice. This is not true. Rice, in general, is very healthy for you, be it white or brown. There are different types of rice that are available in the market. You can cook your rice according to your taste. There are various ways of cooking rice. You can eat rice with almost any dish you like. People generally prefer eating rice for lunch and dinner. There are many dishes that are made using rice. It is a tasty way of getting healthy.
Rice provides a wide range of health benefits. Unprocessed rice is extremely healthy. It is rich in nutrients and has large plant compounds. Regular consumption of rice can improve your health. It also gives you a feeling of fullness and satisfies your food cravings. There are many kinds of rice like black rice, red rice, brown rice, wild rice and white rice. All kinds of rice have their own set of health benefits. Cooking rice at home is very easy and does not take much time. You must keep in mind that even if you are eating rice daily, you must eat in moderation. Excess of anything is bad. Keep this in mind while you are binge eating especially if you are a rice lover.
5 health benefits of rice:
- Source of energy- If you are feeling exhausted, grabbing a bowl of rice is the best idea. It is a good and instant source of energy. The carbohydrate present in rice converts into energy when we consume it and helps in boosting our energy levels. It not only keeps your body energetic but also keeps your mind running without feeling tired.
- Good for digestion- Eating rice is a good way of improving your gut health. It is rich in fibre which reduces constipation. It also works as a natural diuretic. Rice regulates your digestive system and flushes out all the toxins from your body. It also keeps you hydrated.
- Reduces obesity- Rice helps in weight management. A healthy bowl of rice can help you reduce fat from your body. It has a low amount of sodium and cholesterol which prevents weight gain. Rice does not have any negative impact on your weight. It is rich in fibre and hence prevents obesity.
- Good for heart health- Consuming rice can largely improve your heart health. It has anti-inflammatory properties and no cholesterol. The rice bran oil is a good source of ensuring you have a healthy heart. It also has antioxidant properties and works like magic for your cardiovascular health.
- Controls blood pressure and blood sugar- If you suffer from hypertension and diabetes, then rice is just the food for you. Consuming rice can combat high blood pressure. It also lowers your blood sugar levels. If someone who is suffering from both health conditions together should definitely consume one bowl of rice every day.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now